Honey Bear

Today I'm sharing a special design using a color palette I don't often turn to. This project for La-La Land Crafts ended up feeling to me fresh and energetic, and I love lilacs so it earned a place in my heart.


This design was pretty simple to make, but the order in which it's put together matters very much.
  • The background was stenciled and then stamped with the baby bee stamps and sentiment from the Honey Bear Clear Stamp Set 
  • The bear was adhered using 2 layers of dimensional foam
  • The tree branches are arranged and glued down
  • The white lilac parts are added
  • The purple lilac parts are added
  • The leaves and sentiment complete the project

I used the end of a pen to make the purple lilac pieces "jump up". They look the best this way and the most real-life (as opposed to being glued down flat).

Stamps: Honey Bear Clear Stamp Set

Stencil: Summer is Here Layering Stencil

Dies: Large Birdhouse Die, Stitched Ribbon Die, Scalloped Rectangles Die

Copic coloring details:
bear body - E39, E35, E33, E31, E44, E43, E42, E41, R22, R20, R00
yellow - YR23, Y19, Y18, Y08, Y06
shoes - T2, T1, T0
beehive - YR27, YR24, Y26, Y23

Ink and cardstock are by SU! in the colors: Fresh Freesia, Perfect Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Pale Posy, Sweet Sugarplum, Soft Suede, Basic Black, Hello Honey, So Saffron, Pineapple Punch.

Thanks for popping by today! I am also on Instagram, and you can follow me HERE!

Comments

Popular Posts