Club La-La Land Crafts March Kit Showcase


Today I'm back to spotlight the March 2019 Club La-La Land Crafts Kit! This is a real favorite of mine (and yes I say that every month)...but especially this month since it's all about baking! 

The picture below shows the contents of this month's kit for you. And here is where I posted some more designs and a video of the kit. If you'd like more information about how to subscribe, this is the Club Kit link. Subscriptions added will begin with next month's kit, but a fabulous perk about being a member is the option to purchase past kits!!


When I created these designs for today, I never thought about the background as looking like a chocolate chip cookie until my Mom said it...but I love that idea! For both of my designs here, I created the background using the So Many Dots layering stencils and Antique Linen distress ink.


For this project, I wanted to create a super-tall cake atop a cake stand. I used the Cupcake die (wrapper) from the kit and the Build-A Frame Stitched Small die to create the stand (and used the Scalloped Rectangle die for the ruffle). I also used the Long Flags die for the sentiment, and the Scalloped Heart die for, well, the heart!

My favorite part though is...the mixer. If I could have a mixer like this in real life...I would die.

Coloring details:
skin - E04, 15, 13, 11, 00, 000, 0000, RV14, R22, 20
hair - YR27, 24, 21, Y35
pink - R59, 37, 35, 32
brown - E43, 42, 41, 40
black - 100, T8, 5
yellow - Y17, 15, 13, 11
chocolate cake - E51, 33, 55, 57


My second project is special to me because I tried a new type of card base. I actually used the oval die to cut out the top portion from the card base, so it looks kinda like a pop-up card. And the bundt...I can't get enough of that bundt! Do you see how I did it?! Easy-peasy, just cut one of the cake layers from the Build-A-Cake die in half! I used the Electric Mixer bowl for the cake stand too. There's a lot of creative things you can make with these dies! And have I said anything about the cutie-pie hamsters yet?!?!


The additional dies I used on this design are few: the Scalloped Rectangle die and the Stitched Elements die.

Coloring details:
hamsters - E43, 42, 41, 40, 35, 34, 31, 30, R22, 32
gray - W5, 3, 1
pink - R59, 37, 35, 32
cake - E35, 34, 31, 30, Y17, 15, 13, 11

Thanks for popping by today!

Comments

Popular Posts