Sweetest Birthday Nuvo Drops Tutorial

Hi everyone! Today I am on the Craftin Desert Divas blog with a tutorial on an easy way to add dimension to your designs by using Nuvo drops. The supplies I've used for this project are all listed at the bottom of the tutorial.


Colors:
brown - E44, 42, 41
pink - RV29, 25, 21
teal - BG45, 34, 11
yellow - Y08, 13

This project focuses on using Nuvo drops to highlight stenciled areas. You can use a stencil from our shop for this, or make your own using dies. I chose to make my own.


To make the design on the left, I started by applying Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide to a piece of card, and spritzing it with water.


Next, I took some cloud die-cuts that I had cut out in vellum, and used removable adhesive to create a pattern on my card base.


Then, I applied some Nuvo glimmer paste over the top, and quickly removed the die-cut shapes. Then, I set the card aside to dry.

While that design was drying, I decided to make a second, slightly different, version.


For this pattern, I laid out the die-cut shapes onto the card directly, then carefully applied the Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide and spritzed with water.

At this point, I was done creating the background pattern, and it was time to accent with Nuvo drops. In the picture below, you can see how much dimension this can give your pattern:


I chose 2 Nuvo colors to work with, but the sky's the limit on the number of colors you use, or the design you put onto your pattern. Here are my finished patterns:


 So much fun! Here are the finished products once again, and shop links to the materials below. Thanks for stopping by today!


Sweetest Birthday stamps
Fancy Frames Dies
Outdoor Landscape 2 Dies
Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide
Simply White Nuvo Drops
Pink Opal Nuvo Glimmer Paste


Comments

Popular Posts