Summer Kick-Off

Hello! I've breezed right past Mer-may and have ended up in June! How did that ever happen?! I'll have to make sure to include some mermaid-themed projects for all of us summer lovers this month!

To kick things off, how about a nice underwater Summer scene? I have to confess, if I was going to own any set of clear stamps from La-La Land Crafts, THIS would be it. Hands down. Love those pigs. I introduced you to them in the June Club Kit of 2020! You can see them in action HERE and HERE.

This project for me was a stretch - new layout, and new idea. I took the Under the Sea Die and used it as a 3-layer stencil instead of a die. Very fun (but messy, you can't see the ink all over my fingers!). 

I don't know how I feel about the ink around the edges of the card. But I do love the design. I usually stack the letter dies 2 or 3 layers deep to make them easier to wield.

Stamps: Beach is Calling Clear Stamp Set

Dies: Under the Sea Die, Skinny Letters Die, Snowflake Edge Die, Sandcastle Die, Little Fishes Die, Seaweed Die

Copic coloring details:
piggie - E44, E43, E42, E41, E40, RV14, R22 R21, R20, R01, R00
swimsuit - W3, W2, W1, RV09, RV04
inner tube - YR18, YR07, YR04
snorkel - YR24, Y19, Y08, 100, T7, T5

Iand cardstock are by SU! in the colors: Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Lost Lagoon, Pacific Point, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Cucumber Crush.

Thanks for popping by today! I am also on Instagram, and you can follow me HERE!



Comments

Popular Posts