PIE...My Slice of Happy

I think I should make a traditional "PIE" card every Fall season. I love pie waaay too much. HERE is a link to last year's PIE project - still one of my favorite projects, all because it's about PIE! 🍎🍐🍑🍒🍓🍏🍌

My card for La-La Land Crafts today was meant to be a tutorial using 🦃 my favorite turkey 🦃 from the Slice of Happy clear stamp set. But I had the date wrong, so no tutorial today. I just love this little guy and all the add-ons! 🦃🍒

This seated turkey gives me so much inspiration - and you'll probably see another project from me this year using this guy....again. 🦃

🍒🍓🍏🍌 In my "tutorial", I had used the In Bloom stamps to illustrate that florals aren't just for summer! Altering the color palette, this stamp set creates beautiful backgrounds for any season of the year. 🍐🍑🍒


So many features of this project bring it all together - but repeating the background colors in the turkey, the pops of black in the sentiments, and the golden berries from the Berry Branch Die glued down so that the berries are 3D - these make the card, in my opinion. 🍑🍒🍑🍒🍑🍒


🍑 Stamps: In Bloom Clear Stamp Set, Slice of Happy Clear Stamp Set

🦃 Paper: Grateful Paper Pack

🍒 Dies: Scalloped Squares Die, Double Stitched Squares Die, Berry Branch Die, Scalloped Sentiment Labels Die, Bold Letters Die

Copic coloring details:
turkey body and wings - E57, E44, E43, E42, E41, E40, R43, R20, R30, R00
turkey feathers - T10, T7, T5, N4
pink - R43, R20, R00
green - YG67, YG63, YG17
gold - YR24, Y26, Y21
beak and feet - YR24, Y26, Y35, Y15
crop - R59, R46, R24
white - T4, T2, T1
pie - YR24, Y26, R59, R46, R24

Thanks for popping by today! I am also on Instagram, and you can follow me HERE!

Comments

Popular Posts